“The first impression is the last impression” it is not just a saying but has a literal meaning to it. An initial impression of the candidates, especially for the fresher is made because of their resume. Writing a resume is no joke. It should be well written and in an organized manner. A fresher is basically a graduate entering into the business world with no experience. Today’s youth is always in hurry and so in making their career. So, to satisfy this need they have to create an impressive resume which bright your chances to enter the company. Writing a resume for a fresher can be a big deal, but if you have resume tips you are able to overcome the hurdle coming in your way.
Always remember that a recruiter reviews hundreds of resumes every day. So, your resume should be different and stand out from others.
Here are some tips which will help a fresher to write an effective and impressive CV to land a good job:
- The language of the resume should be professional with no spelling mistakes. As you are preparing for the first time, avoid using harsh or raw language. There are no grammatical errors in the content of your CV.
- There are three types of resume, that is, Chronical, Functional, and Combination. Chronical is the traditional format and appeal to older readers. Functional is a type which lists your experience according to your skills. It is useful for those who are changing their career. The combination, as its name suggests, it is a combination of both. These are the three formats which will help you to decide how to start it.
- Heading in the resume is important and should be written in bold font. Your name, personal email address, permanent address and valid phone number must be included in this section. If the opportunity came your way you will be automatically notified through emails or direct calls.
- The length of the resume should be one or two pages. It should be brief and relevant information should be added. It should contain the importance of your role and how beneficial for the organization.
- Write a strong objective which includes detailed information about your career plan. Portray a strong career ambition and write it in a way that can showcase your capabilities. It should be brief and simple. Write it in two or three sentences.
- Next column is the most important section of the resume as it includes your educational qualifications and skills. Highlight this section as it helps the recruiter to understand you better. Include job training and certificate course if done earlier.
- Extracurricular activities like painting, sketching and sports activities and the personal interest of the candidates also requires a section. It portrays the leadership quality of the candidate. Vocational training or volunteer work will prove a bang for the fresher at the starting phase of their career.
These are few tips which will open a wide range of fresher jobs for them. Submit resume on the as many job portals to grab job opportunities in various profile. Bring ideas to life and register on Monster Philippines, one of the leading job portals for better access and better connections.
Author Bio: Arpana Sharma is a passionate content writer who writes articles related to jobs and career opportunities in various profile. She also writes about varied topics such as tourist spots, temples and loves to explore them.